NEW. 1-10 day moderated Canterbury High Country forecast.
NEW ADDITION CANTERBURY (1-10 DAY) MODERATED FORECAST FOR THE CANTERBURY HIGH COUNTRY.
Canterbury Weather Updates is now proudly bringing you the only 1–10 day moderated forecast available in New Zealand.
This new addition fills the gap in current weather forecasting for the Canterbury High Country, which has been dominated by computer generated forecasts, graphs, simulated numbers and generic content; often lacking detail, accuracy and ultimately value.
We continue to see rapid advancement in weather models and data, produced by super computers, but the reality is – the end product still requires extensive moderation and local knowledge; the end result is a superior and very robust forecast, designed for those heading into the outdoors across the Canterbury region.
This new forecast addition is freely accessible for the public between day 1 to 5.
- 1-10 day moderated and personalised weather content – no computer generated numbers or generic weather content. We go that little bit further – we moderate high-resolution weather modelling around mountainous terrain providing you with more valuable and personalised weather information.
- Descriptive summary statements each day, supplemented by wind details at 1000-2000m elevation and freezing levels. Moderated rainfall totals and snowfall accumulations will be presented in our daily summaries – this is a New Zealand first.
- This new addition will provide all recreational users the most intensive, detailed and ultimately comprehensive weather content for the Canterbury High Country. Skiing, mountain biking, tramping – all covered.
- We understand more than anyone in weather, that areas within the Canterbury High Country can differ significantly – we will point out areas that will experience contrast and weather of note – using place names, rivers and more detailed content when required; this provides more value than generic computer generated forecasts for spot locations.
- Safety. We also have key considerations & potential weather hazards for each day, providing some real personalised content, with practical implications – what you need to look out for and what could happen, whether it’s heavy snow, rain, strong winds or associated flow on effects, such as high river levels.
- Weather information will be updated, moderated and watched intensely through the day, ensuring people can make informed decisions.
- We also have the only alpine road forecasts available, issued daily – the Lewis, Porters, Arthur’s, Burkes and now the Lindis Pass.
- We also provide 1–7-day forecasts for a range of high-country villages across the region to supplement this new addition.
- Why no computer generated forecasts or set spots and locations? We will not include generic forecasts for set locations in any of our forecasts, purely because unless it’s been moderated, it provides detail which is often misleading and potentially dangerous.
(C) NZ Regional Weather Updates.