AN OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN THE CWU TEAM – WEATHER FORECASTER.
Canterbury Weather Updates is a household name in Canterbury, with over 245 000 unique visitors tuning into www.cwu.co.nz in the last year and over 94 000 followers on Facebook, we’re New Zealand’s second most sourced weather provider, despite just catering for one region. Our online membership is now one of the most popular subscription services in New Zealand, with thousands of local people sourcing our highly intensive, accurate and detailed weather information. We pride ourselves on innovation and continue to lead the way, with new and exciting ways of presenting weather content for the people of Canterbury. Our services are utilised by many of Canterbury’s premier businesses and companies in all sectors seeking highly intensive and accurate weather content.
** We have one position available for a highly motivated, talented and passionate person**
CASUAL CWU BACK UP WEATHER ANALYST.
You’ll be overlooking our forecasts & content on request. You’ll be working on our social media & website, updating and generating forecasts & information. Full training will be given to the right applicant. You’ll be in contact with our analysts when required ensuring our content is of high standard & highly accurate. There is the possibility of weekend shifts and extra work during more extreme, demanding periods of weather. Extensive knowledge of weather here in Canterbury is a necessity. This job would suit someone with a meteorological background, or with a similar degree in geography and climate science.
Fantastic & unique work opportunities and an attractive hourly pay rate for the right applicant.
Job Requirements/Insight into the job.
– Excellent grammar and writing skills.
– Looking over content, collaborating & updating town pages and specific details will be the main duties.
– Flexible – you’ll be working alongside our analysts in ensuring content is accurate, up to date at various stages. The ability to be flexible and fit in with your weekend plans and work will be required.
– Experience in Word Press is an advantage, but not necessary. Full training provided.
– Experience in media, technology would be an advantage.
– Innovative, passionate, hardworking and must take pride in your work.
– The opportunities are endless, if you’re an ideas person and love weather and want to be involved; this is for you.
– Hours of work are dependent on the weather. You must be fairly flexible.
– Skill sets and experiences associated with weather desirable; ski industry, farming, rural background. Extensive experience and knowledge of weather in Canterbury is highly desirable and a point of difference with our competitors.
A great opportunity for someone that is passionate, knowledgeable and who is looking to learn new skills in one of the largest forums in New Zealand.
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with a Cover letter & C.V
Applications close midnight on the 15th of December, 2019.